PHP modules' DLL hell


In Windows platform, the webserver package of my choice is MoWes (mobile webserver). In the past it is called WoS (Webserver on a stick). We just copy the folder from one computer to another, and run its exe-file, instantly we have a Apache - MySQL - PHP triad running without any installation hassles.
But recently, I copied the MoWes onto two servers, and I cant seem to load both PHP_OCI8 and PHP_LDAP modules. After a few wrong turns, finally I used Microsoft Visual Studio's Dependency Walker tool. And voila - both of the DLL's problems were shown before my eyes.

PHP_LDAP's problem was SSLEAY not installed. PHP_OCI8's problem was that the OCI.DLL is in the AMD 64-bit architecture (equivalent to Intel EM64T architecture) while the php/apache system is in 32-bit architecture. Now, where did I keep the downloaded the oracle instant client for win32..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long running process in Linux using PHP

Reverse Engineering Reptile Kernel module to Extract Authentication code

SAP System Copy Lessons Learned